How to make a Cheesy Ham Chowder.
INGREDIENTS: Serves 6-8
- 3 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cups fully cooked ham, cubed
- 3 cups potatoes, cubed
- 15 oz whole kernel corn, drained
- 10 bacon strips, diced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup carrots, diced
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- Pepper, to taste
- Roughly chop the uncooked bacon.
- Toss it into a large soup pot and cook over medium heat until crisp.
- Remove the bacon with a slotted spoon leaving the drippings in the pot.
- Set aside.
- Add the carrots and onion to the pot and cook in the bacon drippings until tender.
- Once the vegetables are cooked, blend in the flour to form a thick paste.
- Gradually add the milk and the water to the pot 1/2 a cup at a time.
- Bring the soup to a boil and cook for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Add the potatoes, corn, chicken bouillon and pepper to taste.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- Stir in the ham and cheese until the cheese has melted.
- Mix in the bacon.
- Serve and enjoy!
Click to rate this post!
[Total: 1 Average: 5]