How to make Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas.
Ingredients: Serves 4-6
- 2 chicken breasts, grilled and thinly sliced
- 10 flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup yellow cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp butter
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon pickled jalapeño pepper slices, chopped
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of single cream
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
For the garnish:
- Fresh cilantro, chopped,
- 2 Tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 Green onion, thinly sliced
- Pickled or fresh jalapeños, finely chopped
- Green olives sliced (optional)
For The Sauce:
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook for 4-5 minutes until the onion is tender, then add the cumin, salt, pepper & flour.
- Stir in the broth and cook on high, whisking periodically until thickened and bubbly.
- Add in the pickled jalapeños and cream, then cook for another 3 minutes over medium heat.
- Remove from the heat and add 1 cup of Mozzarella cheese.
For The Filling:
- Stir 1 cup of sauce into the chicken.
- Place about ⅓ of the filling onto each tortilla, roll up and arrange seam side down in a lightly greased 13 x 9 baking dish.
- Once all enchiladas are in the dish, top them with the remaining sauce.
- Bake covered, in an 180C degree oven for about 15 minutes or until heated through.
- Sprinkle with the remaining cheese, and if desired, the chopped tomatoes and sliced green onions.
- Bake for 5 more minutes uncovered.
- Let it stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.