How to make Chargrilled Sardines.
Ingredients: Serves 4-6
- 2 lbs of fresh sardines
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 1 large green bell pepper
- 1 large onion (sliced)
- 2 large garlic cloves (chopped)
- Oolive oil
- Sea salt
- Heat the grill on high.
- Rub the onions and peppers with salt, pepper and a little olive oil.
- Cook the peppers and onions on the grill until the skin has charred and fully cooked all around.
- Place the peppers in a brown paper lunch bag and set aside.
- Place the onions aside in a medium heat proof bowl on the grill to keep warm.
- Meanwhile place the sardines on a slightly greased charcoal or gas grill on medium high heat.
- Let the sardines cook until they turn golden brown and slightly crispy, turning them gently not to break the skin.
- When they are fully cooked, cover with foil and place them on a platter in a warm place.
- Remove the peppers from the paper bag and peel off the skin.
- You’ll find the skin will come out easily.
- Slice the peppers into strips and mix with the onions.
- Add chopped garlic, olive oil and more salt and pepper.
- Heat slightly and pour the mixture over the cooked sardines.