How to make Cashew Chicken.
Ingredients: Serves 4
- 1 1/2 lbs Chicken breast cut into bite size pieces
- 1 tsp Sea salt
- 1 Tbsp Cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp Low sodium soy sauce
- 3/4 cup Raw, unsalted cashews
- 1 Tbsp Canola, vegetable or another neutral oil
- 1 Red bell pepper, diced
- 2 tsp Minced fresh ginger
- 2 tsp Minced garlic, about 2-3 cloves
- 1 (8 oz) can Sliced water chestnuts, drained, optional
- 4 Green onions cut into 2-inch pieces
- Serve with cooked rice, optional
For the Sauce:
- 2 tsp Cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp Water
- ¼ cup Hoisin sauce
- 2 tsp Toasted sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp Low sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp Rice vinegar (seasoned or unseasoned)
- 1 Tbsp Brown sugar
- Place the chicken, salt, cornstarch and soy sauce in a large bowl and toss to coat.
- Heat a large dry skillet (or wok) over medium-high heat.
- Toast the cashews, stirring occasionally until beginning to brown, about 4 minutes.
- Remove from the pan.
- In a small bowl, mix together the 2 teaspoons cornstarch and 2 tablespoons water until fully combined.
- Add to the cornstarch slurry the hoisin sauce, sesame oil, 2 tablespoons soy sauce, rice vinegar and brown sugar, stir together until fully combined.
- Using the same skillet (or wok), over medium-high, heat 1 tablespoon canola oil until shimmering.
- Add the marinated chicken.
- Using a wooden spoon, spread the chicken into a single layer and cook undisturbed for 2-3 minutes until browned on the bottom.
- Flip the chicken over and cook for another 1-2 minutes until browned on the bottom.
- Add the bell pepper and cook for 1-2 minutes, scraping the bottom of the pan until the chicken is cooked through and the bell pepper is beginning to soften.
- Add the water chestnuts, garlic and ginger.
- Cook for 2 minutes longer.
- Add green onions and the sauce.
- Once the sauce comes to a simmer, add the toasted cashews and toss to combine.
- Cook until the sauce has reached your desired thickness, about 2-3 minutes longer.
- Serve over white rice and enjoy!
Click to rate this post!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]