How to make a Carrot and Apple Slaw.
INGREDIENTS: Serves 4-6
For the dressing:
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 zest of lemon
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 tsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt plus more to taste
For the salad:
- 2 cups carrots, grated
- 2 tart apples, cored and cut into thin strips
- Combine all ingredients for the dressing in a large bowl and whisk until well combined.
- Add carrots and apple then toss until completely coated.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes to allow the flavours to blend.
- Season to your personal taste with additional salt, honey or lemon juice.
- Serve while cold and crispy.
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.