How to make Carne Asada with Chimichurri Sauce.
INGREDIENTS: Serves 4
- 2 lbs skirt steak
- 1 cup packed fresh Italian parsley
- 1/4 cup packed fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Vegetable oil
- To make the chimichurri sauce, place all of the sauce ingredients into a food processor (parsley, cilantro, olive oil, vinegar, garlic, cumin and 1/2 teaspoon of salt).
- Pulse until smooth.
- Remove from the food processor and place in a bowl.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
- If ingredients separate during refrigeration, mix together before serving.
- Liberally sprinkle the skirt steak with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Pre-heat a heavy-bottomed pan to medium-high heat.
- Add a drizzle of vegetable oil to coat the bottom of the pan.
- Cook the steak for 3-4 minutes on one side.
- Flip and cook for an additional 4 minutes for medium-rare.
- Remove the steak from the pan and leave to rest for 5 minutes.
- Slice thinly against the grain.
- Drizzle half of the sauce over the steak.
- Reserve the other half for people to add as they like.
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.