How to make Caribbean Fried Dumplings.
Ingredients: Makes 12
- 450 g Self Raising Flour
- 2 teaspoons Sugar
- 1/2 a teaspoon Salt
- 300 ml Whole Milk
- 300 ml Vegetable Oil
- Sieve the dry ingredients into a bowl.
- Add the milk and mix, then kneed until smooth.
- Flour your handsand divide the mix into 12 balls.
- Use lots of flour to stop them sticking.
- Press in the centre with your thumb to make a thick chunky coin shape with a slight depression in the centre.
- Heat the oil to a medium temperature and when hot, lower it slightly.
- Fry the dumplings in batches, taking about 15 minutes per batch, flipping them to get both sides golden brown.
- Serve and enjoy!
Click to rate this post!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]