How to make Caramelized Potatoes.
Ingredients: Serves 4-6
- 2 1/4 pounds (1 kg) firm, very small potatoes
- 1 tablespoon (18 g) salt per quart (L) of cooking water for the potatoes
- 1/2 cup (100 g) sugar
- 2 tablespoons (30 g) butter
- Rinse the potatoes, then place in a pot and add just enough water to cover them.
- Add salt, cook the potatoes for about 15 minutes, peel them, and put them in the refrigerator.
- Sprinkle the sugar in the bottom of a pan and allow it to caramelize without stirring it.
- Add the butter and allow it to froth, then mix together the sugar and the butter.
- Rinse the peeled, cooked potatoes in cold water and let them drain a bit so that they are still moist.
- Place them in the caramel and turn them carefully until their surfaces are covered with caramel and they are warmed through.
- The potatoes are done when they are completely reheated, golden and dark, and have a fine, bitter-tasting, caramelized surface.
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.