How to make Cajun Chicken and Vegetables.
Ingredients: Serves 6
For the Chicken and Vegetables:
- 6 bone-in skin-on chicken thighs
- 2 lbs gold potatoes, diced into 1-inch pieces
- 4 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 bell pepper, diced into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 medium red onion, diced into 1-inch pieces
- Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish (optional)
- Freshly ground black pepper
For the Cajun Seasoning:
- 2 1/2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 – 1 tsp cayenne pepper, to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 425F degrees.
- Whisk all cajun seasoning ingredients together in a small bowl or toss together well in a small resealable bag.
- Place chicken skin side down on a large rimmed baking sheet and drizzle and rub 1 Tbsp of the olive oil evenly over thighs.
- Sprinkle with cajun seasoning to taste.
- Rotate to opposite side and drizzle and rub tops with another 1 Tbsp olive oil.
- Season with cajun seasoning to taste.
- Toss potatoes with 2 Tbsp olive oil and season with cajun seasoning to taste and toss.
- Transfer potatoes to a baking sheet placing them around chicken thighs.
- Roast in pre-heated oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and add bell pepper and red onion over potatoes and toss, then return to oven and roast for about 10-15 minutes longer until chicken is golden and cooked through and potatoes are tender (you can broil during last few minutes to help brown them a little more if desired).
- Serve warm sprinkled with parsley and season with salt and pepper to taste as desired.
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.