How to make Buffalo Chicken Wings.
Ingredients: Serves 4-6
- 1.5 Kg chicken wings
- Freshly ground black pepper
For the sauce:
- 1/2 cup Frank’s red hot sauce
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- salt to taste
To make the sauce:
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the hot sauce, butter, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, pepper, garlic powder and paprika.
- Whisk often as the butter melts and allow the mixture to come to a simmer.
- Once the sauce comes to a simmer, remove the pan from the heat.
- Allow the sauce to cool slightly.
- Add a dash or two of salt, to taste.
- The sauce will thicken as it cools.
- Whisk the sauce before serving over wings.
To cook the chicken wings:
- Season the chicken wings with a little salt and pepper.
- If cooking in the oven, preheat the oven to 200C/ 400F/ Gas Mark 6, then cook the wings for 40-45 minutes or until they are completely cooked through and crispy and golden on the outside.
- If cooking on a barbecue, once the barbecue is ready (or preheated if using a gas one) cook the wings over a medium-low heat with the point of the wings on the outside and the meaty drums inside so that they cook evenly, for roughly 20 minutes or until they are completely cooked through and deliciously crisp and slightly charred on the outside.
- When the chicken wings are ready transfer them to a large bowl and pour over the sauce.
- Serve and enjoy!
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.