How to make a Brussels Sprouts Casserole.
Ingredients: Serves 4-6
- 1 1/2 pounds brussels sprouts
- 8 oz thick sliced bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup grated Gruyere cheese (or Parmesan)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- salt and pepper to taste
- Blanch the sprouts into boiling salted water until just tender, for about 3 – 5 minutes.
- Place the sprouts in a colander, drain and rinse with cold water.
- In a preheated large pot melt 2 tablespoon of butter and fry the onion for about 4 minutes on medium heat.
- Add the flour and fry for 2 minutes, stirring.
- Pour in the milk, stirring and add salt and pepper, then add the sour cream.
- When the mixture thickens add half cheese and stir until cheese melted.
- Add the bacon, stirring.
- Grease a baking dish with butter and pour into it the prepared mixture.
- Add brussels sprouts and stir.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake in a preheated to 400 F for about 30 minutes until golden brown.
- Take out of the oven and let it cool down for 5 minutes.
- Then serve and enjoy!
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.