How to make a Broccoli Pesto Pasta.
- SERVES: 6
- PREP TIME: 20 min
- COOK TIME: 15 min
- CALORIES: 623
- 1 lb Cooked pasta of your choice, pasta water reserved
- 4 cups Broccoli florets
- 2 cups Basil leaves, lightly packed
- 2 Garlic cloves
- ¼ cup Pine nuts
- 1 cup Extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 cup Parmigiano-reggiano, grated
- In a large pot bring water ** to a rapid boil.
- Add the broccoli, bring the water back up to a boil for two minutes. Do not drain the water! Immediately transfer broccoli (with a slotted spoon) to a colander place under cold running water to stop further cooking.
- Bring the water ** back to a boil and add your favorite pasta and cook according to the package (reserve 1 cup of pasta cooking water before draining).
- In a large blender or food processor, blend together broccoli, basil, garlic, pine nuts, olive oil, salt and Parmigiano-Reggiano until smooth. Slowly pour in 1 cup of reserved pasta water until a nice sauce is formed. If sauce is too thick, add more pasta water one tablespoon at a time.
- Toss hot pasta with sauce until completely coated. Top with extra Parmesan, pine nuts and chili flakes if desired. Enjoy!
** It is important to salt your water before adding the broccoli and pasta. Do this to your own taste.
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.