How to make a Broccoli, Jalapeño and Cheddar Soup.
Ingredients: Serves 4-6
- 1 head of broccoli, chopped
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 5 jalapeño peppers, diced
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1/4 stick butter
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1.5 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup chicken broth (+ more as desired)
- 1 tablespoon chilli powder
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Grated cheddar cheese for serving
- Heat a large pot on medium heat.
- Add the butter and let it melt.
- Add the onion and jalapeño peppers.
- Cook for about 4 minutes to soften.
- Add the milk and heavy cream.
- Stir to mix well.
- Add the chicken broth and broccoli.
- Bring to a light boil, then reduce the heat to low.
- Cover and simmer for about 20 minutes or until everything is nice and tender.
- Stir in the cheese and allow to melt.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve it like it this, nice and chunky, or you can blend it.
- Serve topped with grated cheddar cheese and enjoy!
Click to rate this post!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]