How to make Braised Rabbit with Garlic.
Ingredients: Serves 4
- 1 rabbit, cut into serving pieces
- 1 cup of frozen peas
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced into 1/4″ pieces
- 1 head of garlic, cloves whole but peeled
- 1/3 cup sherry vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 bay leaf
- Black pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a large, lidded pot.
- Brown the rabbit pieces well, salting them as you do.
- Remove them as they brown and set aside.
- When the rabbit is browned, add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until it begins to brown, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add the garlic cloves and cook for another minute or two.
- Nestle the rabbit back into the pot, sprinkle some salt over everything and add the vinegar and bay leaf.
- Pour in enough water to get about halfway up the sides of the rabbit.
- Cover the pot and cook slowly over low heat for about 2 hours.
- When the rabbit is tender, add black pepper and mix in the peas.
- Serve with fresh crusty bread and enjoy!
Click to rate this post!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]