How to make a Bolognese Sauce.
INGREDIENTS: Serves 4-6
- 450 g (1 lb) minced beef
- 100 g (4 ounces) button mushrooms, sliced
- 3 tablespoons tomato purée
- 400 g (14 ounces) tin chopped tomatoes
- 50 g (2 ounces) back bacon, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 stick of celery, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Pinch sugar
- 125 ml (4 fluid ounces) red wine or beef stock
- 2 teaspoons Marjoram Herb or Oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Granules
- A pinch Ground Nutmeg
- Ground Black Pepper
- Fry the bacon, onion, carrot and celery in the oil until softened.
- Add the beef and fry until brown.
- Stir in the mushrooms, tomato purée, tomatoes, sugar, wine or stock, Marjoram or Oregano, Garlic Granules, Nutmeg and Pepper.
- Cook, uncovered, for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Season to taste.
- Serve with your preferred pasta.
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.