How to make Boiled Salt Cod.
Ingredients: Serves 4-6
- 1-1.25 kilos (2 to 2-3/4 lbs) salted codfish, soaked for 24 hours
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely minced
- A few sprigs of parsley, finely minced
- Olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Simmer the pre-soaked salt cod in enough water to cover for 15 minutes.
- Gently remove the cod from its poaching liquid onto a cutting board.
- Pat dry with paper towels and remove any bones you may find, then divide it into small pieces, discarding the skin if any.
- Arrange the cod on a serving platter.
- Taste a bit of the fish to see how salty it is.
- Now nap the fish completely with a little sauce you will have made from whisking together the minced garlic, parsley, lemon juice, pepper and, if the fish needs it, a pinch of salt.
- Serve still warm or at room temperature, with boiled or steamed potatoes as a side if you like.
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.