How to make a Blue Cheese Pizza.
Ingredients: Serves 4
- 4 ounces ground dark meat turkey
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1 splash of white wine
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5 ounces pizza dough (chilled and rested)
- 3 ounces fontina (shredded)
- 2 ounces radicchio leaves (roughly chopped)
- 1.5 ounces cambozola blue cheese (thickly sliced)
- 1.5 ounces Castello blue cheese (crumbled)
- 1 tablespoon kumquat or orange marmalade
- Gather the ingredients.
- Crank your oven to the max.
- Preheat your baking stone or cast iron pan.
- Make the turkey sausage.
- In a medium bowl, add the turkey, garlic, fennel seed, wine, salt, and fresh ground pepper and mix well.
- Heat the olive oil in a small saute pan over medium-high heat.
- Don’t let it smoke.
- When hot, add the turkey sausage and brown well, breaking it into little pieces in the pan.
- Remove from heat.
- On a lightly floured surface, stretch or roll your pizza dough into a thin disk about 12 inches in diameter and place it on a prepared peel or sheet of parchment paper.
- Top with fontina, three-quarters of the radicchio, and the cooked turkey sausage.
- Slide or place the pizza onto the stone or pan.
- If you like, use parchment underneath for easy transfer.
- Bake until the crust has expanded and turned golden brown, about 5 to 10 minutes depending on the temperature of your oven.
- Take out the pizza.
- Top with the blue cheeses and remaining radicchio and return it to the oven just long enough to melt the blue cheeses, about 1 minute.
- Remove to a cutting board.
- Place small dollops of orange marmalade strategically here and there near the chunks of blue cheese.
- Slice and serve immediately.
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.