How to make Blue Cheese Fries.
Ingredients: Serves 4
- 2 lb bag frozen oven fries
- 2-4 ounces crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 small yellow onion, diced fine
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup whole milk, warmed for 2 minutes in the microwave
- Chopped chives
- Bake fries according to package directions.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat and add the onion.
- Saute until translucent.
- Add the flour, and whisk together, then add the warm milk straight away.
- Whisk until the sauce thickens, for a few minutes.
- When the sauce has almost reached your desired consistency, add in the crumbled Gorgonzola cheese.
- Start with 2 ounces, and add from there.
- Some people do not like a strong blue cheese flavour, so taste and see what you prefer.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- When the fries are finished, season with salt.
- Remove to a platter, or keep them in the baking pan, whichever is easiest for you.
- Pour the blue cheese sauce over top, and sprinkle with chopped chives.
- You may also add extra Gorgonzola crumbles on top if you desire.
- Serve and enjoy!
Click to rate this post!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]