How to make a Black Lentil, Sweet Potato and Carrot Soup.
Ingredients: Serves 4-6
- 1 cup washed black lentils
- 2 sweet onions
- 5 carrots, cut into large cubes
- 3 sweet potatoes, cut into large cubes
- 6 cups water
- 2 tablespoons miso paste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups spinach leaves, chopped
- ½ cup dill, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- dash of cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon tumeric
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Garnish: fresh dill or cilantro, chopped
- In a large pot, on medium-high heat, sauté the onions in olive oil until soft and golden.
- Add the carrots, sweet potatoes, paprika, cayenne pepper, turmeric, salt and pepper, and sauté for about 15 minutes, until sweet potatoes are quite soft.
- Add a little water if the the pot seems too dry.
- Add the water, bring to a boil, simmer until the vegetables are soft but still tender.
- Remove from heat, add the miso paste to the pot, and with an immersion blender process until smooth.
- Wash the lentils in a sieve with plenty of cold water.
- Add to the pot, bring to a boil, lower to a simmer, and cook about 20-30 minutes, until the lentils are soft, turn off heat.
- Add the spinach and the dill (heat’s already off, but the soup is still very hot, so spinach will wilt nicely).
- Taste and correct seasoning.
- Garnish with a spinkle of herbs and serve with a nice loaf of fresh crusty bread.
Click to rate this post!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]