How to make a Black Beans Stew.
Ingredients: Serves 4
- 2 × 15 1/4oz cans black beans (not drained)
- 2 carrots, cut into rounds
- 1 large onion, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 teaspoons chilli flakes or powder
- pinch of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/4 cups vegetable stock
- freshly ground black pepper
- Begin by heating the olive oil in a large frying pan.
- Add the onion and soften gently for 10 minutes.
- Then add the garlic, bay leaf, chilli flakes or powder, cinnamon, cumin, and carrots and cook for an additional 2–3 minutes.
- Tip in the black beans and stock.
- Bring to a boil, and cook over medium heat for about 20–25 minutes, until the mixture has thickened a little, then season.
- Pile into bowls and serve with rice or a dollop of sour cream and some cilantro, if you like.
Click to rate this post!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]