How to make a Bison and Sweet Potato Chilli.
INGREDIENTS: Serves 8-10
- 3 lbs ground bison meat
- 8 oz of mini bell peppers
- 2 medium sized sweet potatoes
- 42 oz of fire roasted tomatoes
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 4 shallots
- 4 cloves garlic
- 42 oz water
- 1 (heaping) tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (heaping) tbsp fresh ground pepper
- 1 (heaping) tbsp sea salt (or more to taste)
- 2 tbsp smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp chilli powder
- 4 chipotle peppers in adobo, chopped
- 2 tbsp adobo sauce
- 1 tsp allspice
- Fat Free Greek Yogurt
- Sliced Avocado
- Cilantro sprigs
- Chop the garlic, shallots and roughly chop the peppers.
- Chop the sweet potatoes into cubes.
- Heat coconut oil in a large pot and sauté the shallots and peppers until the shallots are translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the meat and cook on medium heat until it begins to brown and then add the garlic.
- Add the tomatoes, sweet potatoes, water and spices and let simmer for a minimum of an hour.
- The chili needs to cook long enough so that the sweet potatoes are soft and the water has reduced.
- This will end up being a thick chilli, you can always add a little more water to make it a more of a liquid consistency.
- Garnish with fat free greek yogurt, avocado and cilantro.
- Serve and enjoy!
Click to rate this post!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]