How to make a Beef Rouladen Stew.
INGREDIENTS: Serves 4
- 750 g beef rouladen cut into pieces of 2-5 cm
- 400 ml port wine red
- 3 carrots
- 150 g parsnip
- 1 bell pepper red
- 2 onions
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon gingerbread spices
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 star anise
- 2 slices toast bread breadcrumbs cut into small pieces
- Cut the beef rouladen in pieces of 2-5 cm.
- Roughly chop the carrots, parsnip, bell pepper and onion.
- Press the garlic cloves.
- Bake the onion for a few minutes in some olive oil.
- Then add the pieces of beef rouladen and bake them for a few minutes.
- Add the red port wine and bring the stew to a boil again.
- Add the carrots, parsnip, bell pepper, gingerbread spices, pepper, salt, star anise and bay leaves.
- Cut the breadcrumbs of the toast bread into small pieces and add them to the stew.
- Let the stew simmer on low heat for about one hour.
- Serve and enjoy!