How to make Beef and Potato Empanadas.
Ingredients: For 15 empanadas
- 1 ½ of the 14oz. packages of (10) frozen ORANGE Goya discs, defrosted
- 1 lb of ground beef
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- Sazon con Asafron seasoning packet (Goya) (1 packet per 1 lb of beef)
- 3 Tablespoons of Sofrito (homemade or store bought
- 1 medium size baking potato, peeled and diced into ¼ inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 small can (8 oz) of tomato sauce
- 1 egg, beaten (to brush tops of empanadas with)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray baking sheet(s) with non-stick cooking spray.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat and saute the sofrito and minced garlic in the olive oil. Add ground beef and potatoes, stir and break up meat with a wooden spoon, cook until beef is cooked through and potatoes are soft. This takes about 10 minutes.
- Add in the tomato sauce and the Sazon con Asafron seasoning packet to the skillet and stir. Lower heat to medium-low and simmer until mixture thickens a little, about another 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- On a lightly floured work surface, using a rolling pin, roll out the Goya wrappers until about ½-inch larger in diameter.
- Stuff the Goya wrappers with about 2 heaping tablespoons (or a little more) of the filling. Moisten edges with water, fold in half to create a half moon and seal shells well by crimping with a fork (or use a dough press if you have one) so that they don’t separate while cooking. Repeat until all shells are completed.
- Brush the tops of the empanadas with the egg wash before baking.
- Bake at 350 for 40 minutes. Enjoy!
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.