How to make Beef and Noodles.
Ingredients: Serves 6
- 2 pounds lean beef stew meat in chunks
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cups diced celery
- 2 tablespoons beef bouillon powder or paste
- 1 (16oz.) package of dried linguine (or other pasta of your choice)
- 3 cups seasoned beef broth (homemade, canned, or made from bouillon powder/paste)
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- ½ cup water
- Place the beef, onion, celery, and bouillon powder or paste in a slow cooker and cook on high for about 5 hours, until the meat falls apart on its own.
- Break the pasta into pieces about 4 inches long; if using store-bought linguine, this usually means breaking it roughly into thirds.
- Cook the pasta in several quarts of water in a large soup pot to al dente stage.
- Drain the pasta and return it to the pot.
- Add the meat mixture and beef broth.
- Stir well and allow to come to a boil.
- In a small jar with a screw-on lid, combine the corn starch with the water.
- Shake vigorously until no lumps of corn starch remain.
- Pour this mixture slowly into the pot, stirring constantly.
- Allow everything to cook and bubble for a few minutes, until beef and noodles have thickened somewhat.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!