How to make Beef Kofta Kebabs.
INGREDIENTS: Makes 12
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 very small yellow onion, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 12 skewers, soak in water for 30 minutes if using wooden skewers
- Vegetable oil
- Pita bread and tzatziki sauce, for serving (optional)
- Turn on your broiler.
- Place the oven rack on the top-most level.
- Combine the beef, onion, garlic, parsley, coriander, cumin, salt and pepper together in a large bowl.
- Divide the mixture into 12 roughly even balls.
- Take one wood skewer and mold one ball around the top-end of the skewer.
- Shape it into a flat oval.
- Repeat for the remaining 11 skewers.
- Place a rack on a broiler pan.
- Spread an even coat of vegetable oil over the rack to prevent the meat from sticking.
- Place the skewers on top of the rack.
- Put the pan into the broiler for 3 minutes.
- Flip the skewers and cook for another 3 minutes or until done.
- To serve, place on a platter and serve with pita bread and tzatziki sauce.
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.