How to make a Beef and Carrot Casserole.
Ingredients: Serves 4
- 700g beef chuck steak, diced
- 2 onions, peeled and quartered
- 3 carrots, peeled and chopped roughly
- 5 tomatoes, deseeded and chopped roughly
- 1/4 cup flour, for dusting
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups beef stock
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Pepper to taste
- Bring a large heavy-based casserole pot to a low to medium heat and add 1 tablespoon of the olive oil.
- Roll steak pieces in flour, dusting off excess and add to pan in batches to brown.
- Between batches, add the remaining oil.
- Once the meat is browned, remove and set aside.
- Add the vegetables and sauté for a couple of minutes, scraping the bottom of the pan as you go.
- Remove from heat.
- Place the meat and vegetables into a slow-cooker and add the stock, rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Cook on low for 5 hours.
- Serve with mashed potato and enjoy!
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.