How to make Beans with Chorizo.
- 500g of fresh or frozen broad beans
- 3 fresh chorizo sausages, peeled and cut into small pieces
- 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 3 banana shallots, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 large beef tomato, grated
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp of Spanish sweet smoked paprika
- 200ml of white wine
- 1000ml fresh chicken stock
- In a shallow casserole dish pan, heat the oil and gently fry the chorizo pieces for about one minute on each side, drain and set aside.
- Drain some of the excess oil released from the chorizo and add to the pan the chopped shallots, garlic and bay leaf and gently fry for about 5 minutes or until soft.
- Add the smoked paprika and stir for 10 seconds, add the grated tomato and cook for about 2 minutes. Deglaze the pan with the white wine and reduce by half.
- Add the broad beans and chicken stock and bring the stew to the boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer, add the chorizo pieces, season with salt and cook on a low heat for about 40 minutes, preventing the liquid from boiling as the beans will split. Shake the pan now and again to thicken the liquid.
- Once the broad beans are tender, cover with a lid and allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving in warm bowls with some crusty bread.
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.