How to make a Basque Chicken and Chorizo Pie.
Ingredients: Serves 2-4
- 200g chicken thigh fillets, chopped into chunks
- 100g chorizo, chopped into chunks
- 250-300g cannellini beans
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 4 small tomatoes, skinned and chopped,
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- A splash of red wine
- 6 sage leaves, chopped
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 roll of puff pastry (big enough to cover the dish)
- 1 egg, beaten
- Soften the onion, garlic and red pepper in a little oil, then add the chicken and chorizo and stir until coloured.
- Add the tomatoes, sage, paprika and chilli flakes, then the red wine, red wine vinegar and sugar.
- Stir together then sprinkle over the four and mix through, trying to create as few lumps as possible.
- Cook for 5-10 minutes until thickened, then stir in the beans.
- Tip the mixture into an oven proof dish, then top with the pastry.
- Brush with the egg, then place in the oven for around 20 minutes at 200C, until the pastry is browned.
- Serve and enjoy!