How to make a Banana Peel Curry.
INGREDIENTS: Serves 2
- 2 banana peels
- 80 g walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1 onion, yellow
- 1 red chilli pepper
- 2 cm fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 0,5 tablespoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon red curry paste
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 300 ml water
- black pepper
- Put the banana peels in a bowl with water and add some turmeric (1/4 tablespoon).
- Let them soak at for least 1 hour.
- Peel the onion and cut it into slices.
- Chop the ginger into fine pieces.
- Halve the red chilli pepper and remove the seeds.
- Then also slice it into fine pieces.
- Take the banana peels out of the water.
- Remove the wooden parts and cut them into fine slices of about 3 cm long.
- Heat the coconut oil in a wok.
- Then add the onions, ginger and chilli pepper.
- Stir fry them for a few minutes and then add the spices: red curry paste, the rest of the turmeric powder, the mustard, the cumin powder, some pepper and salt.
- Then add the banana slices and the roughly chopped walnuts and bake for a few minutes while constantly stirring.
- Pour in the water and let it simmer for 15 minutes, until you have a smooth curry paste.
- Taste and season with extra salt or pepper if needed.
- Serve this delicious curry with some basmati rice.
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.