How to make Balsamic Chicken and Mushrooms.
INGREDIENTS: Serves 4
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1/2 pound white mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 1 TBS light olive oil
- 1 TBS butter
- 1 small onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 TBS flour
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp coarse black pepper, divided
- 120ml chicken stock (1/2 cup)
- 2 TBS Balsamic vinegar
- 60ml double cream (1/4 cup, heavy cream)
- a few spring thyme and some chopped leaves to garnish
- Heat the oil and butter together in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onions and cook, stirring occasionally until they start to brown a bit.
- Add the garlic and cook for a further minute.
- While the onions are cooking, toss the chicken pieces together with the flour, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp black pepper.
- Push the onions to the side of the skillet and add the chicken pieces, a few at a time, browning on both sides and adding more as they brown.
- Transfer all to a bowl.
- Add the mushrooms to the pan.
- Cook and stir until they are lightly browned.
- Add the remaining salt and black pepper.
- Add the chicken stock and balsamic vinegar, stirring to release any brown bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Return the chicken and onions/garlic mixture to the pan along with the thyme sprigs.
- Cover and simmer for about 10 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through.
- Stir in the cream and heat through.
- Taste and adjust seasoning as required.
- Sprinkle with a few thyme leaves and serve.
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.