How to make Baked Pork Tenderloin.
Ingredients: Serves 4
- 2 lbs pork tenderloin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp light olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 tsp minced fresh garlic, (1 large clove)
- 2 tsp cornstarch mixed with 1 Tbsp low-sodium chicken broth
- Place a 12-inch cast iron pan in oven and pre-heat oven to 450F degrees.
- This should take about 15- 20 minutes of pan resting in oven.
- Meanwhile in a mixing bowl whisk together paprika, cumin, coriander, chilli powder, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, black pepper and season with salt as desired.
- Rub seasoning all over pork tenderloins to even cover.
- Once oven is pre-heated remove pan from oven, immediately add oil and swirl in pan.
- Use oven mitts/or thick kitchen towels to handle pan.
- Right away place pork tenderloins in pan.
- Return pan to oven and let roast 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and turn tenderloins to opposite side.
- Remove from oven and transfer roast to a carving board.
- Tent with foil and let rest 5 – 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile place pan on stovetop over medium heat.
- Add garlic and saute about 20 seconds.
- Pour in chicken broth and let cook until sauce is reduced by about half, about 4 – 5 minutes.
- Whisk in cornstarch chicken broth mixture and let cook until thickened, about 1 minute.
- Season with salt and pepper if needed.
- Carve tenderloin into 1/2-inch thick slices and serve with pan sauce.
Click to rate this post!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]