How to make Baked Chorizo & Chicken.
This recipe makes a great meal, the paprikas with the chorizo give the chicken, a luscious colour and taste. The chicken is gently browned beforehand to seal the flavours, after that, it is mixed with the other ingredients and then baked. Of course you can just throw the whole lot in a ‘one pot cooker’ if you have one.
Ingredients: Serves 4
8 Chicken Thighs with skin on and bone in
250g/ 8oz Fresh Chorizo, Sliced.
750g/ 1lb Of Baby Potatoes, washed and halved.
1 Red Onions, peeled and roughly chopped.
1 Teaspoon of Paprika
1/2 Teaspoon of Smoked Paprika.
Salt and Pepper.
Handful of fresh parsley, chopped, to garnish. ( optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C /gas 7/425ºF.
- Put the potatoes in a saucepan, and cover with water.
- Bring to the boil, then turn down heat, and cook for 10 mins.
- Drain and set aside.
- Take a large frying pan and add 3 tablespoons of olive oil, and heat.
- Add the chicken thighs and cook for 2 mins each side.
- Remove the frying pan from the heat and pour the chicken and juices into a large bowl.
- Add the paprikas.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Using a wooden spoon, mix the spices into the chicken.
- Line the bottom of a shallow roasting tin with baking paper or foil.
- Mix the potatoes with the chicken in the bowl, and then pour the potatoes and chicken into the baking tray.
- Distribute the chorizo evenly around the baking tray.
- Then sprinkle the red onion slices over the top.
- Place in the oven for 30-35 minutes.
- When the chicken is cooked remove from the oven.
- Sprinkle the parsley over the top, if using.
- Serve immediately.