How to make an Azores Style Fish Soup.
Ingredients: Serves 6
- 600g White Fish
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 Onion
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 2 tablespoons Tomato Paste
- 1 cap-full Red Wine Vinegar
- A bunch of Parsley
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- Cut the fish into large chunks, cover with water, then boil with the bay leaf and salt until cooked through (5 minutes or so), take out the fish and reserve the broth.
- Shred the fish.
- Very finely chop the onion and garlic, fry in olive oil for 5 minutes, add the tomato paste and fry for 1 minute more, then add the fish broth.
- Finely chop the parsley and add to the broth along with the vinegar.
- Simmer the broth for 5 minutes and season to taste.
- Add the fish, add extra water if needed and a final splash of olive oil and heat through.
- Serve with crusty bread and enjoy!
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.