How to make Avocado Shrimp Risotto.
Ingredients: Serves 4
- 1 quart seafood stock, can substitute vegetable stock
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 cup risotto rice Arborio
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 cloves fresh garlic pressed
- 1/4 teaspoon chilli powder, add more if you like more heat
- 3/4 pound fresh shrimp, medium size peeled, cleaned, deveined
- 2 large avocados peeled, pitted and mashed
- 1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese plus more for garnish
- sea salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 2 Tablespoons Italian parsley chopped (for garnish)
- Heat seafood stock over low heat in a small sauce pan.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan or Dutch oven over medium-low heat.
- Add the chopped onions and cook until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the rice, and cook while stirring until almost all of the oil is absorbed.
- Stir in the wine, and cook until almost completely absorbed by the rice.
- Add the hot seafood stock one cup at a time and stir until almost all of the liquid has been absorbed.
- Continue adding the stock until the rice is tender and creamy.
- You may need to add additional stock or water if it is not tender by the time you run out.
- If you cook at too high a heat, the rice will not absorb the liquid correctly.
- Stir in the garlic, chilli powder and shrimp.
- Cook until the shrimp are no longer pink.
- Add the avocado and cook until heated through.
- Stir in the Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.
- Serve with additional Parmesan and chopped parsley.
Click to rate this post!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]