How to make an Asparagus Tortilla.
Ingredients: Serves 4
- 1 bundle of asparagus
- 1 courgette, thinly sliced
- 15g unsalted butter
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 200g potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 6 medium eggs, beaten
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, and bring a pan of salted water to the boil.
- Fill another dish with iced water, large enough to fit the asparagus.
- Drop the asparagus into the boiling water, bring back to the boil then cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the asparagus from the boiling water with a slotted spoon, then plunge into the iced water to preserve the bright colour of the asparagus.
- Meanwhile, in a non-stick pan fry the sliced courgettes in the butter then add the garlic and cook over a medium heat for around 6-7 minutes until almost sticky.
- Using the same boiling water used to cook the asparagus, par-boil the potatoes and cut into cubes, then add the potatoes and the onion to the pan and cook until softened.
- Place the asparagus into the pan, season the beaten eggs with salt and pepper and then add to the pan.
- When the eggs have just set around the edges, transfer to the preheated oven for around 6-8 minutes or until the tortilla is set.
- When cooked turn out onto a plate.
- Cut the tortilla into slices and serve with a side salad.
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.