How to make Asparagus Mimosa.
Ingredients: Serves 4
- 1½ pounds asparagus
- 2 hard boiled eggs
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon champagne vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon Freshly ground black pepper plus more to taste
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced chives, Italian parsley, tarragon or chervil
- Zest from one lemon
- Fill a large bowl with ice water and set aside.
- Bring a large covered pot of water to a boil over high heat.
- While the water is heating up, cut the bottom 2 inches off the asparagus.
- When the water is boiling, add a large pinch of salt and stir to dissolve.
- Carefully drop the trimmed asparagus spears in the boiling water and cook for about 2 to 6 minutes (depending on the thickness) or until bright green and tender-crisp.
- Use a pair of tongs to transfer the asparagus to the bowl of ice water to stop the cooking process.
- Carefully dry the asparagus with paper towels or a clean kitchen towel.
- Arrange the dried spears on a serving platter.
- Mix the shallots, lemon zest, lemon juice, champagne vinegar, ¾ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon black pepper into a small bowl or liquid measuring cup.
- Add the mustard and slowly whisk in the extra virgin olive oil.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning as needed.
- Pour the dressing over the asparagus, tossing to coat thoroughly.
- Cut the hard cooked eggs in half and separate the cooked yolks from the whites.
- Push the whites through a fine mesh sieve with a the back of a metal spoon on top of the dressed asparagus.
- Next, push the yolks through the fine mesh sieve.
- Make sure you scrape the outside of the sieve to get all of the egg.
- Crack on additional black pepper and sprinkle the top with the chives or your favorite chopped fresh herbs.
- Serve and enjoy!
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.