How to make an Asian Style Potato Soup.
Ingredients: Serves 4
- 500g Potatoes, peeled and diced
- 4 rashers Bacon, sliced into strips or use diced bacon (50g)
- 100g Wiener style sausages, diced
- 1 medium onion, peeled and diced
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 stick of celery, strings removed and diced
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- 600ml good quality vegetable or chicken stock
- Vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Few parsley leaves for garnish
- In a non-stick pan, heat a tablespoon of vegetable oil and fry the sausages until they are slightly brown.
- Transfer them to a bowl and set aside.
- Heat saucepan in medium high heat until hot, drizzle a tablespoon of vegetable oil then add the bacon.
- Fry until they are brown, add onions, carrots and celery and quickly stir-fry for a minute.
- Now sprinkle turmeric on the vegetables and fry until fragrant.
- Carefully add the stock in the saucepan, stir until everything is well combined and make sure nothing sticks to the bottom of the pan.
- Now throw in the diced potatoes and then cover, simmer for about 20 minutes.
- When the potatoes are cooked, use a potato masher to mash half of the soups contents.
- Just before serving, add the sausages in the soup.
- Check the seasoning.
- Ladle the soup into warm bowls and garnish with some parsley leaves.
- Served on its own or with warm crusty bread.
Click to rate this post!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]