How to make Artichokes Barigoule.
Ingredients: Serves 4
- 6 globe artichoke hearts, halved
- 200ml of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 carrot, cut into a 5mm dice
- ¼ celeriac, cut into a 5mm dice
- 175ml of white wine
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and halved
- 1 pinch of caster sugar
- 1 pinch of fennel seeds
- 250ml of Vegetable stock
- ½ tbsp of white wine vinegar
- In a muslin cloth, tie the fennel seeds and set aside for later use.
- In a large pan, heat the olive oil over a medium heat.
- Add the artichoke hearts and season with salt.
- Next, add the diced carrots and celeriac to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Ensure that they do not colour.
- Increase the heat and add the wine and garlic to the pan.
- Cook until almost dry.
- To the same pan, add the fennel seeds (tied in the muslin cloth), vegetable stock and caster sugar.
- Lower the heat and simmer until the artichokes are just cooked through and the liquid has reduced.
- This should take roughly 5 minutes. (the artichokes are cooked through, when you can insert a sharp knife through them with no resistance).
- Once the artichokes have cooked through, add the white vinegar to the pan.
- Remove the fennel seeds and divide the artichokes barigoule across the plates and serve.
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.