How to make an Anglo Indian Chicken Curry.
Ingredients: Serves 4-6
- 1 whole chicken, jointed (or equivalent chicken pieces)
- 2-3 medium onions
- 10-12 cloves of garlic
- Thumb size piece of fresh ginger
- 2 green chillies
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3 green cardamon
- 1 star anise
- 10-12 peppercorns
- 4-5 cloves
- 4 tsps ground coriander
- 2 tsps cumin
- 1 tsp tumeric
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp mustard powder
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1 Tblsp cider vinegar
- 1 small piece creamed coconut
- 2-3 potatoes
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 red pepper
- 1 bunch fresh coriander
- Fry the whole spices (cinnamon, cardamon, star anise, peppercorns, cloves) in oil for 5 minutes.
- Add the onions, ginger and garlic and fry until soft.
- Add the chicken and fry for a few minutes until slightly browned.
- Add the powdered spices (coriander, cumin, turmeric, paprika, mustard powder, ginger & garlic powders, chilli powder, garam masala) and fry for a few minutes, also add salt.
- Add the cider vinegar, then add enough hot water or chicken stock to cover.
- Cover and simmer for 20 minutes, then add the potatoes and coconut, and simmer for another 30-45 minutes.
- When chicken and potatoes are cooked, add the tomatoes and red pepper.
- After 10 minutes add the fresh coriander and serve.
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.