How to make Anchovies and Parmesan Fried Rice.
Ingredients: Serves 4
- 6 fillets of marinated white anchovies
- 4 scallions, finely chopped (separate whites from greens)
- 5 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 can (2 oz.) anchovy fillets
- 4 cups cooked long grain rice, at least 1 day old
- 1 cup grated parmesan
- ½ cup roughly chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (adjust to taste)
- 1 teaspoon dried chillies (adjust to taste)
- In a non-stick skillet heat up the oil on medium heat.
- Sauté garlic, and half of your scallions until lightly golden.
- Add canned anchovies and rice at the same time.
- Spread out the rice in the skillet and leave it untouched for a minute to warm up.
- At this point, anchovies should start to disintegrate into the rice.
- Gently stir up the rice to mix and combine everything.
- Season the rice with black pepper and chilli.
- Add ½ of grated parmesan and the chopped cilantro, toss or stir to combine all ingredients.
- To plate, spoon the fried rice onto a plate and sprinkle the rest of the parmesan on top.
- Add a few fillets of white anchovies.
- Stir in a raw yolk.
- Serve and enjoy!
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.