How to make Almond And Brown Sugar Cake.
This delightful almond and brown sugar dessert recipe is simple and easy to make. This recipe is good for those who are not big chocolate lovers, but want something special. It has a rich tasty sponge and the coffee syrup, crème fraìche is so gorgeous as a topping.
Ingredients: Serves 4.
- 50g/ 1.7oz Unsalted Butter, melted, plus extra for greasing.
- 40g/ 1.5oz of Ground Almonds.
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Almond Essence.
- 50g/ 1.7oz All Purpose Flour.
- 80g/ 3oz of Brown Soft Sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Baking Powder
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Ground Nutmeg, plus extra for dusting
- 100g/ 4oz of Crème Fraîche
- FOR THE SYRUP:
- 50ml/ Espresso .
- 50g/ 1.7oz of Brown Soft Sugar.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/Gas 4.
- Grease a 6-hole muffin tin with butter and line with discs of greaseproof paper.
- Combine the almonds, almond essence, flour, sugar and baking powder in a large bowl.
- Add the butter and beaten egg, then whisk for 2 mins, until well combined.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared muffin tin.
- Cook for 15-18 mins, until risen.
- Allow to cool slightly in the tin, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Stir the nutmeg into the crème fraîche.
- For the syrup, bring the coffee and sugar to the boil, then simmer for 5-8 mins, until thickened and syrupy.
- Set aside to cool.
- To serve, top each cake with a dollop of the spiced crème fraîche, drizzle over some of the coffee syrup and finish with a light dusting of nutmeg.