How to make an Alligator Stew.
- 2 quarts water or stock
- 3 pounds alligator meat, cubed
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce or hot pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups skinned, quartered ripe tomatoes or
- 1 large can tomatoes
- 1 cup rice or diced potatoes
- 1 or 2 green bell peppers, diced
- 1 large diced onion
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 cup diced okra
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- Put water or stock, meat, bay leaf, Worcestershire or hot pepper sauce, salt and pepper into a large pot.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 1 1/2 hours. Add remaining ingredients, and simmer for about 1 hour.
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.