How to make 4th of July Fudge.
INGREDIENTS: Makes 30 small squares
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 5-oz can evaporated milk
- 2 cups marshmallow creme
- 1 1/3 cups white chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Red and blue gel food colouring
- Line a 9×5 loaf pan with foil and set aside.
- Ready three heat-safe bowls and three spatulas for creating the fudge layers.
- In a large saucepan combine butter, sugar and evaporated milk.
- Boil for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add marshmallow creme and white chocolate chips and stir again until they are melted.
- Add vanilla extract at the last minute.
- Do not over heat the mixture.
- Once melted removed from heat.
- Working quickly, divide the fudge between the three bowls.
- Add a few drops of red food colouring to one and a few drops of blue to another.
- Stir in colouring using only the spatula or spoon for that colour.
- Do not mix colours.
- Pour the fudge into the loaf pan in layers in the order of red, white, and finally blue.
- Smooth each layer with the back of a clean spoon.
- Once all the layers are in, take a knife and drag it through all the layers, nearly touching the bottom of the pan.
- Work quickly as this is a quick set fudge.
- Allow fudge to fully set for at least 2 hours before cutting into small squares about 1 inch wide.
- Serve and enjoy!
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.